I know that our Blogs are usually the happy, goofy, random musing of all of us cool Andersons (and Washburns), but mine is more of a reflective blog. I thought that we should dedicate a full blog today for Grandma Norma. As sad as it is to think that she's been gone for 4 years now, I think that each of us should write about a memory we have of Grandma, so that we can remember good times in Nebraska all together or perhaps just a personal memory of each of us with Grandma. So here's mine.
As a young child I loved to go to church because I knew that I could sit between Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa would be on my right and would always offer me a stick of Fredent gum and Grandma would let me hold her hand and play with her rings. When I was older I remember her telling me about each of them. She'd tell me who got them for her, why each gemstone was the color it was, and just how much she loved them. My favorite one was the ring with a gold band that had multi-colored gemstones. Each gemstone was for the month that each of the kids (our uncles, aunt, and dad) were born in. After I fiddled with her rings I would rest me head on her arm and she would hold my hand. When I was between Grandma and Grandpa I felt as if there wasn't a trouble in the world. Perhaps now that I'm older and more stressed I should think back to those days with Grandma and Grandpa!
As trivial as this memory may seem, it is one that is imprinted into me. I hope that each of you can take the time to write about your favorite memory about Grandma (and Grandpa) too. By the end we all will have six memories that will either come back to us or new ones to remember them by.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*sniffles* That was really beautiful, Schnookums.
Grandma's birthstone ring was my favorite, too.
Post a Comment