Since I haven't jumped on the Netflix bandwagon like everyone else, I headed to Blockbuster on Friday night to rent The Producers and A Prairie Home Companion. I had been eagerly awaiting their arrival to DVD, and since The Breakup was out of stock, I figured what the heck? It'll be a musical weekend.
Eh. The Producers did not live up to the hype. It was only marginally funny, the storyline plodded along, and the cinematography left a lot to be desired. So sorry, Hayley, for a disappointing Friday movie night.
On Saturday night, we decided to watch A Prairie Home Companion. This is somewhat embarrassing to admit, but I'm probably Garrison Keillor's only fan that doesn't live in a retirement community. Anyhoo. PHC bombed too, despite having a ton of big-name actors and actresses. Maybe Keillor's sense of humor translates better in writing than on the big screen?
Help me, kids. I watch a lot more movies during the colder months, and I need some recommendations for next weekend.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dodgeball.....Go balls deep!
That's funny because today when I was babysitting the baby was sleeping and the family has jumped on the Netflix bandwagon so they also had Prairie Home Companion and I kept waiting and waiting for something more to happen. I didn't get to finish it all so maybe it ties in at the end or something.
I seem to be quite the movie go-er/renter and so I'll be on my toes with recommendations!
Post a Comment