Friday, October 13, 2006

Quick Birthday Summary

First off, thanks all for the messages and cards. Quite wonderful. =)

I went out to eat with Paul at a restaurant called cosi. quite tasty.

Then we went to Cold Stone and I bought three 1.5 pint containers of ice cream. Only a few people came over to my apartment last night, though, so I have a LOT of ice cream left. Yummy.

Went to my friend's to watch Gray's and ended up staying there until nearly midnight. A game of checkers with shot glasses was included.

When I got back last night, the guy from Illinois I met in Italy had left me a message pertaining to how come I found him on facebook back in the day (even though I was supposed to so he could send me pictures from the hostel). So I called him (still a little buzzed) and wondered why he sent me his AIM screenname. Needless to say, it's possible he likes me based on what he directly commented on. But he's shorter than me (pitiful, I know) so that'll never go anywhere.

And I've been eating ice cream since...

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like an excellent birthday. mmm. cold stone.

Hayley said...

But Julie, if he's a catch you should grab that up. I know height differences suck (especially when the Anderson girls are taller than the guy) but I'm seeing that selection these days is meager. Usually I down a guy because of things like his intelligence level and weekend activites, but at least this guy is lacking in the height department and not elsewhere!

Julie said...

Hayley, although he's been fun to talk to online and on the phone (I've only talked to him for a few hours in person), there are a few other things that are negatives to the situation. He's an avid partier, still drunk in the wee hours of the morning more than once a week. Also, he's not good at saying what's on his mind unless he's been heavily drinking. Moral of the story: I can handle the height, but not a potential alcoholic.

Hayley said...

Oh, good thinking dear. I've ran into too many of the "my feelings are nonexistant to anyone until I've had my daily case of beer" types. They suck too! Don't worry, you're not the only one in this boat.