Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday free-for-all

  • Ask Andy about the incident involving Mr. Blue and a large piece of Glad Peel ‘n’ Stick. (He’s having trouble blogging because the new Google interface is giving him fits—is anyone else having trouble?)
  • The Nebraska Andersons really want to invade Madtown this summer. It would be nice to set the dates now so we can set work schedules and whatnot. June and the first part of July are pretty open for us right now.
  • Headbands are wonderful disguises for bad hair days.
  • Alpha Phi sorority wins the Most Annoying Sign Award for writing “Alpha Phiesta on FRIDAY!!!!!” in sidewalk chalk all over the union plaza.
  • I’m very proud of all my siblings. They’re making some very grown-up decisions this month and are handling it well, I think.
  • I wonder what Mom & Dad think of all this. They’re very supportive of us & have always encouraged us to make our own decisions about the future, but I still wonder if they’re secretly freaking out that their little birds are flying away from the nest.
  • My friend Chris bought Dad some beer at the Beaver bar on Saturday night. For the record, Chris is not from the Beaver area, so the mere fact that he was at the Beaver bar is strange enough. But Chris & Blaine partying together? That’s just … wrong.
  • We’re getting new carpet on Monday and Tuesday! While I was in Boston, Andy installed new kitchen flooring. I’ll post a picture when everything is finished & looking spiffy.

6 comments:

Julie said...

the ONLY conflict I can think of on this end is a potential family vacation, but I'll get narrowed down soon (hopefully within a week) when that might be. otherwise my calendar is fairly open. and i emailed mary asking about her schedule, since she doesn't always check the blog frequently. so YEA! and we'll get this set soon.

Hayley said...

I'm so excited just thinking about a family vacation with my favorite cousins!

I don't know about mom and dad and how they are feeling about decisions, but I think you have the wrong idea about how I'm handling it. I'm freaking out to the point where I'm losing sleep and I feel nauseated. But, my yoga mat and I have been spending some quality time together in hopes of releasing all my tension.

Mary said...

What grown-up decisions may they be?

Vacation-wise-...sounds awesome. My summer vacation runs from June 23 (yes, I have narrowly avoided having school/work on my birthday for 25 years) to about July 8. Mom and Dad are coming up to visit me tomorrow (Saturday), and we hope to form plans for any family vacation during that time, with the input of Julie and Paul of course. I see no reason why both things could not happen during that time. I probably have a wedding on July 7, but I do not necessarily think that that takes precedence over you wonder folk.

Ashley said...

By handling it well, I don't mean not stressing about it, love. I just mean that ya'll are doing a good job of considering all options and weighing all the potential impacts of your decisions.

Cole=where to establish roots for the next 4-5 years
Hayley=where to go to nursing school
Lindsey=evaluating a relationship

It looks like our potential vacation dates are lining up nicely. Can't wait to hear what your family decides!

Julie said...

Ashley&Andy=thinking babies

Hayley said...

Good addition Julie! That ones my favorite :)