Friday, March 09, 2007

So, I was thinking...

I've been daydreaming a lot lately about my aspirations, and even though I'm sure my future lies in health care, I've recently discovered my dream careers. I'm sure that none of you will be surprised, but do feel free to laugh if necessary.

  • Singer: This one is tough because I feel that over the years my voice has worsened, and when I was watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" the other night, there was a 20 something singer wanna-be and she really sucked badly. I have a feeling that no matter how many whistles and buttons a recording studio has, I would still sound horrible.
  • Backup Dancer: This one would really float my boat!!!! I watch meaningless shows like "The Next Pussycat Doll", "Dancelife", and Christian Aguilara videos and I find myself salivating at the thought of being on stage shakin' my groove thang for thousands of people.
  • Actress: This would be a neat career to have. I mean, think of how many hunky guys you could makeout with and how many awards ceremonies that you could get all dolled up for? Who would'nt want that. And, as embarressing as this is to admit, when I read PEOPLE magazine I wish that paparazzi were trying to click pictures of me when I'm walking in a park or something.
Okay, so I just realized that by listing shows that I watch it makes me seem really self-absorbed with appearances. Quite the contrary, I just find watching no-brain TV very relaxing after a hard day full of tests and class.

Anyway, I was just wondering, Andy, since you have so many things you still aspire to be as well, do you think you could add agent to the list? You'd get to stay in my guest house with the pool once I'm famous! LOL A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

Julie said...

so maybe you wouldn't find it so creepy if i followed you around and took picture? ;) that way i had a scrapbook of your life.

The thing is, you'll be fabulous at whatever you set your heart on. But I don't think a career in the lights of the public is as glamorous as it appears. What if you're expected to do something against your beliefs to get ahead? - is that worth it? Be the fun nurse who dances around and sings and plays make-believe (might want to save the make-believe for just the pediatric patients).

I was thinking about similar things the other day too, when I realized that I ruined my chances of being a ballet dancer when I was around 7 and didn't have myself enrolled in a ballet academy with a strict regime created to foster professionalism. Despite the "you can do anything you set your mind to," our childhook environment DOES largely decide what we CAN be when we grow up.

Ashley said...

Schnooky, none of this surprises me. Your fabulousness would translate to the limelight, I'm sure.