Monday, April 28, 2008

Funny Finding

I'm studying for my Pharmacology final right now (Julie do you want to come show me your genius on this stuff? I totally admire what you are doing with your life by the way!) and I came across the funniest contradiction. The section I'm studying is on herbal medications. I came across saw palmetto, which is used to help benign prostatic hypertrophy. This condition is found in MEN (hint, they have a prostate, girls don't). Under the slide entitled "Precautions" it states "avoid during pregnancy and lactation." ??? LOL Does anyone else find it funny that they list a herbal medication for MEN and then tell pregnant and lactating WOMEN not to take it? Maybe I'm just delirious, but I found this outrageous and giggled for about 20 seconds.

P.S. I took my first final this morning and got an A!!!! It is my first A this semester. All things considered, I dare say I kicked some ass. :)

2 comments:

Andy said...

Woot on the A!

Julie said...

pharmacology isn't exactly my favorite class. great job on your exam, though!!!