Hi guys!
Recently I have had an uncanny ability to have problems solved without even trying. I was planning to start searching for apartments online this past Saturday. However, last Friday night one of my fellow interns-to-be, from the University of Illinois Medical School in Rockford emailed me asking if I wanted to be her roommate. We had actually met on our interviews here at the UW and at Mayo and got along really well. So, after a flurry of emails between each other, our respective families, and the apartment leasing office, I am pleased to announce my new address, as of June 1:
901 Colorado Blvd.
#331
Denver, CO 80206
We got a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with a washer/dryer in the unit, plus there is a little computer room in there so I don't have to haul out my computer desk. It faces the outdoor pool. The nice thing is that the rent will be basically the same as I am paying now in Madison, plus, unlike here, parking is included at no extra cost. I am really excited. Plus, this afternoon I was trying to responsibly read something medical, when my resident and intern plopped down next to me and decided to start Google mapping their houses and the attending's house. I had never seen it before, so I played around looking at my new neighborhood in Colorado! My intern was similarly dumbfounded, and was like, "I am so proud of humanity! Yeah, we can't solve world hunger, but we can photograph nearly every house in the United States!"
Of course, Mom and I had already bought plane tickets to visit Denver the end of April to find housing, but now we can just relax more out there and check out the apartment and measure rooms and everything. I had just been planning on rooming alone, but it will be nice to have someone to talk to after work, especially not really knowing anyone out in Denver.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can have the girly version of Turk and J.D.'s pad! Sounds like you have a great situation lined up ... it's nice when everything works out, isn't it?
Oh Mary, that's really exciting!!! You're going to be near me soon :) Let me know if you need any help with the moving process. I'm only 2 and a half hours away :)
Very cool. You're about 5 minutes from downtown! When can we visit?
Post a Comment