I know the calendar says that summer doesn’t officially begin until Mary’s birthday (roughly). Bah. We all know it begins Memorial Day weekend.
It always seems that once school begins, everyone starts lamenting, “Where did the summer go?” Since I didn’t make any official New Year’s resolutions, I’m making some SUMMER resolutions.
1. Swim AT LEAST once a week. Preferably more.
2. Take a water-based vacation. This will probably involve tubing on the Niobrara River in Nebraska or returning to Colorado for whitewater rafting.
3. Go to Kansas City to shop and visit our lovely relatives.
4. Host a kick-butt summer BBQ. (If you’re available June 17, come to Nebraska!)
5. Do all my boring chores during the week so I can spend my weekends having fun.
6. Go camping.
7. Go to Worlds of Fun or another amusement park.
8. Spend time at the in-laws’ cabin.
9. Spend an afternoon riding horses and swimming at Mahoney State Park.
10. See the WISCONSIN cousins! (I had to save the best for last, you know.)
A note about summer fashion … I spent two hours last night shopping for the perfect summer tank top. The perfect tank is not see-through, does not cling in a way that makes a slight tummy pooch look like a pregnant belly, allows the wearer to wear a bra (or go sans bra without looking tarty), and does not require the wearer to constantly adjust the straps or tug on the neckline. A good tank will not shrink or stretch out after one washing. Kittens, thank me now for doing the research for you—head to The Limited and pick up the Favorite Tank. They’re on sale for $8.50 and are available in many lovely colors; I bought an orchid one and may go back for aquamarine. Old Navy also has nice ribbed tanks (2 for $10!) I also recommend the ProSpirit racerback tank, available at Target. It’s super soft and stretchy. Does anyone have good recommendations for a spaghetti-strap tank?
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What does the Favorite Tank look like? By the way, unfortunately I have to work on June 17th, so I won't be able to attend your lovely BBQ unless I would come after work.
Linzo, the party will just be heating up around 8 or 9, so no worries. Come at midnight if you want!
The Favorite Tank looks like a basic Old Navy tank top but it's slightly thinner. I like the colors a lot better, though -- very bright and fun and summery. Most of Old Navy's colors seem kind of dull for summer, with the exception of those bright teal and turquoise ones. I mean, who wants a tank that looks like a bowl of oatmeal?
Schnookie, good blog on fashion. I haven't found the perfect spagetti strap, but American Eagle has some nice ones. An addition to fashion would be my summer makeup line.
Use a light powder or bronzer (you may find a two in one.) The hottest one out is Neutragena Mineral Sheers. It's light with just a hint of shimmer to accentuate your lovely, freshly tanned skin. Also use a light shimmery eyeshadow in corals and peaches. If you use mascara I suggest using Mary Kay's waterproof mascara in dark brown or black. Add this makeup with your favorite tank and skirt and you've got a the perfect look for those hot nights!
P.S. As far as hair products go, go as light as possible as long as you can maintain your do, but make sure to apply a deep conditioner twice a week (depending on how much you swim or are in the sun.)
I just wear a loose tshirt and let my boobies wiggle around.
Paul, you're hilarious!
Mary, check out the limited when I'm about home. And Express. I've worn out some of my light summer shirts from this trip. We'll have to do a touch of shopping together. =)
Post a Comment