Sunday, March 25, 2007
hi. come visit me. =)
So there will be traveling to Washington the last week of June. I'll have to get Mary to post on her ideal weekend for you peoples to come - hopefully it's ideal for you as well. Aside from the wedding she mentioned early July (which I guess she might be ok with skipping) it looks to me like July 6-8 might be perfect. I mean, I'm free most anytime for now, but it would be super if Mary wasn't on rotation when you came, yes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds awesome...I can't wait!
How does July 6-8 sound. Alternatively, June 22-24 would be another option, and we could take our other vacation later...Julie, we need to discuss whether this will be a sister trip or family trip at some point.
Mary, I agree. I had a serious discussion today about Dad's instinct comments, and the fact that this has started months before the trip worries me. Also, I would actually love to travel with just you sometime and Costa Rica seems like more of an incredible dream that reality right now (though i'd totally do both). Call anytime after Wednesday night (exam at 7). Doesn't even have to be this week.
I think July 6-8 would work for us ... and Andy's birthday is on the 7th, which deserves much celebration! Hopefully Krafty Kathy (mother-in-law) won't be too disappointed if we're out of town.
What's this with Elroy Jr.'s instincts? Instincts usually = no fun.
instincts= negative vibes. the type of "i know i don't have to tell you kids how to behave" pre-trip speech we grew up with. it's now a derivative of that, but still inappropriate. good morning, father, we're all adults now.
My goodness, when are our parents going to think of us as adults? We aren't bad children, just children in need of some fabulous times away from home.
you know, hayley, lately i've been in the mood to start shopping for locations to live when i graduate. i'd like to travel around and spend two weeks in a place as if i were moved there, giving myself enough time to acclimate to the environment... go grocery shopping, check out gyms, swing at the local park, figure out the bus system, go to a local concert, have a movie night with people i met earlier in the day. You know? - pretend that's my home and see how it goes and how much i miss it when i leave. That's my plan anyway.
Parents start thinking of you as adults as soon as you are no longer financially dependent on them, and not a moment sooner.
Taking a stand and making decisions without their input helps too, though it'll take them awhile to get used to the idea.
Getting married apparently helps too, as my parents seem to forget that I'm still their kid. I sure love it when Grandpa or Mom makes the comment "Oh, all the kids were home for lunch today!" Um. I'm your kid. And I wasn't there, nor was I invited.
Post a Comment